: tell me what it feels like getting overRating
: canon-typical descriptions of blood and violence, some non-explicit sexualityPairings
: eventual Bruce/Dick, Barbara/Kory, past Dick/Barbara, Dick/Kory, and implied past instances of Bruce/Harvey and Bruce/SelinaCharacters
: Bruce Wayne, Dick Grayson, Kory Anders/Koriand’r, Barbara Gordon, Tim Drake, Selina Kyle, Harvey Dent, Jason Todd, Cassandra CainBeta Credit
Heir to the Grayson’s entertainment empire, Dick Grayson has lost two sets of parents and in the process, gained a younger brother as well as a loving found family. When his attempts at bringing his parents’ circus to Gotham City are met with threatening notes and suspicious packages, Dick winds up with a compellingly handsome bodyguard taking up space in his home as a murderer follows on their heels.
This story was started when I asked myself several questions:
- What if I wrote a role reversal story set in an alternate universe where Dick was the rich orphan and Bruce was a kid that grew up poor (and in Park Row)?
- What if that story was also filled with queer relationships?
- What if I managed to write a romantic relationship between Bruce and Dick that couldn’t rely on canon-typical expressions of their relationship (the pseudo-parental stuff as well as the years of history between them)?
- What if there were murders and drama akin to an episode of NCIS but without all the fridging of women and POC?
- Is it possible to racebend classic comic characters while using fiction as your medium?
I wanted to try to write a slow build story for my favorite pairing and this is as slow as they get. Originally started for the DCU Big Bang for 2012, this work of fan fiction is currently halfway finished and will have a regular (but slow) update schedule as I work to finish the story.Chapters
(The links currently don't work as I haven't gone back and linked to AO3)One
| Four | Five | Six | Seven | Eight | Nine | Ten | Eleven | Twelve | Thirteen | Fourteen | Fifteen | Sixteen | EpilogueRelated Stories:
(To be added)